Members of the community are invited to attend a public information session on the Forge River Watershed Sewer Project. These September 20 events will be held at the Mastic Fire Department and be hosted by Suffolk County Legislator Rudy Sunderman and the Suffolk County Department of Public Works. There will be two identical “open houses”. We have scheduled one in the morning/afternoon and one in the evening so everyone can attend. This will be an excellent opportunity for residents, businesses and others to learn about the latest developments and ask all their questions directly to project team members.
Six Facts You Need to Know About the Forge River Sewer Project
- FREE sewer hook up for all residential homes in Phases 1 & 2. (Yes, FREE installation!)
- ABSOLUTELY NO COST for the equipment, installation of sewers, abandonment of old septic tanks/cesspools and property restoration.
- The construction is 100% funded by Federal grants.
- Annual charge to residential homes for yearly Operations and Maintenance (O&M) will be less than $500.
- There will be a referendum vote in early 2019 to approve the new sewer district.
- If the sewer district is not approved, $167 million in grant funding will be lost and sewers will not be installed.